Is Christmas stressing you out?
Like most people I try and have my Christmas shopping completed early to stay out of the shopping centres at the
Ask for help and allow others to help you…… let go of a little bit of control.
Keep it simple- it’s not about impressing the relatives but about love and enjoying those around you.
Remember love & cheer is for 365 days a year
Family gatherings can be:
C. Downright war
Try not to be pulled into the family politics and take little space for yourself.
- Try going with the flow.
- Emotionally, physically & mentally holidays can be draining. So remember to get lots of rest and drink plenty of water.
- Keep up the exercise and good healthy eating.
- Limit and don’t overindulge in too much sugar or alcohol.
If you are alone -:
- Call a friend to say hello on Christmas morning
- go to a church service
- Volunteer at a community kitchen
- Start or complete a project at home.
- Watch a special movie or listen to some music.
If you feel you’re in crisis then contact Lifeline 131 114 or if you feel your life is in danger Call: 000
If you know someone that’s alone:
- Give them a call to say hello.
- Drop off or post a handwritten card to brighten their day.
- Encourage them to volunteer or to get outside to enjoy the day.
My top 5 tips to help you counter Christmas Stress.
Walk barefoot in the grass and soak in the energy from the earth.
Go for a walk in nature.
Dance to loud music at home.
( Play music to change your energy – you need to calm yourself use relaxing soft music or if you need to be uplifted then the beat of African drumming music is great for this exercise) Enjoy – I love using music to help me change my energy flow
Take time for something you LOVE to do – Taking a bath, – Gardening, – Be creative, cooking for pleasure, read a book
And my #1 tip is
Stop and connect to your breath. Listen to your breath go in & out through the nose, Just stop, sit and breathe. Doesn’t matter where you are whether you are at home, sitting in your car stopped at traffic lights or at work take time for yourself and reconnect to the rhythm of your breath. Breathing down into your abdomen, relax take 5 for yourself this holiday period.
Have a wonderful festive season and remember YOU are the most important person in your life.